Reservation, physical test, and age relaxation will be available on non-gazetted posts in level-1 and 2
Railway's gift for firemen: Reservation, physical test, and age relaxation will be available on non-gazetted posts in level-1 and 2
The Indian Railways, which provides the maximum number of jobs in the country, announced on Thursday to give reservations to Agniveers in direct recruitment. It has been decided to give a 10% quota in Level-1 and a 5% quota in Level-2 and above non-gazetted posts. Agniveers will also get relaxation in physical tests and age limits. Age relaxation of 5 years will be given for first batch Agniveers and 3 years for subsequent batches.
According to the news agency, the Railway Board has issued a letter to all the General Managers that the recruitment agencies of the Railways should provide these relaxations and facilities in the recruitment of firemen, who will successfully complete four years in the forces.
Under the Central Government's Agneepath scheme, which started for recruitment in the forces in 2022, only 25% of the youth will be included in the army. The rest 75% will be taken away with the exit package. However, many Central Ministries, State Governments, and Industries have offered to give reservations in jobs to Agniveers.
Now the Railways has also come up with its own plan to help them. Those Agniveers who will complete four years will be able to apply under the notification of Railway Recruitment Agencies. In the letter written to the general managers, it has also been said that the unfilled vacancies will not be carried forward, that is, if there is a shortage, the vacant posts will be filled through the combined merit list.
For applying, only Rs 250 will be taken as a fee from Agniveers. The exam is conducted for Level-1 posts to select Helpers in Railway branches like Hospital Assistants and Track Maintainers Grade IV. Level-2 positions include Junior Clerk-cum-Typist, Accounts Clerk-cum-Typist, and Junior Time-Keeper.