6 major struggles of women around the world: Abortion got recognition in India-Colombia
6 major struggles of women around the world: Abortion got recognition in India-Colombia, anti-hijab protest continues for 4 months in Iran
Last year saw a big upheaval in the matter of giving equal rights to women. One of the world's largest democracies banned abortion laws. Those fighting for human rights had to face gender discrimination. Women continued to fight for the laws related to their rights by raising their voices. There were many movements at the world level. The result was six landmark decisions related to women's rights in many countries.
These are the important decisions: In many countries, for the first time in 2022, women emerged as the main face of politics:
1. In February 2022, Colombia's court declared abortion to be legal within 24 weeks of pregnancy. Earlier, the pregnant mother was entitled to abortion only if there was a threat to her life. A few years before this, women in Mexico and Argentina were also given the right to get abortions.
2. A bill to prevent sexual violence and make it easier to act was introduced in Spain in May. This bill was called 'Only Yes Means Yes'. Spain has become the first European country to offer paid leave to women suffering from period pain.
3. Istanbul Convention was recognized in Ukraine in June. Crimes against women were considered a violation of human rights. It was considered a historic victory for women's rights in Ukraine. Also, it became an important step in the integration of the country in Europe during the ongoing war with Russia.
4. In September 2022, the Supreme Court in India gave a historic verdict giving the right to abortion. Under the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, there is a right to abortion from 22 to 24 weeks. Marital rape was also recognized for the first time in the country.
5. After the death of Mahsa Amini in police custody on September 16 in Iran, anti-hijab protests have been going on across the country since September 2022. Women are demanding freedom by agitating against the implementation of Islamic law. He was chosen by Times as 2022 Heroes of the Year.
6. In many countries, for the first time in 2022, women became the main face of politics. Xiomara Castro, the female president elected in Honduras, took office in January. In Hungary, Katalin Novak became the first female and youngest President of the country.
For Latest Update from Sangri Today Like us on Facebook and Follow on Twitter. Fore Latest Video News Subscribe our channel on YOUTUBE. Also Join Our Telegram Channel