Ten districts account for more than 38 percent of exports, Gujarat's Jamnagar at number one
According to NITI Aayog, the share of 10 districts in the country's total merchandise exports is 38.02 percent. The share of 90 districts is 46 percent. This means that 84 percent of the exports are from the 100 regions of the country. The remaining 580 districts account for only 16 percent of exports. Let us tell you that more than 50 billion dollars are exported from the Jamnagar district of Gujarat.
According to NITI Aayog, the share of 10 districts in the total export of goods from the country is 38.02 percent. The share of 90 districts is 46 percent. That is, 84 percent of the exports take place from 100 districts of the country. Only 16 percent is exported from the remaining 580 districts.
Gujarat's Jamnagar district exports more than $50 billion and Jamnagar alone accounts for 12.18 percent of the country's merchandise exports, which is more than the combined exports from Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, and Haryana.
Efforts are now being made to increase the export share of plain and hill states along with the coastal states. Suggestions in this regard have also been prepared by the NITI Aayog. These suggestions mainly include measures like preparing export-related infrastructure, making policies regarding exports, increasing transport connectivity, and promoting export-related research.
NITI Aayog is also working to release the ranking of states regarding export preparedness so that there is competition among states regarding exports. Export Promotion Hub is being prepared at the district level.
According to the report of NITI Aayog, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh have developed a lot of infrastructure related to exports in their respective states.
85 percent of the country's exports are from only 10 states. All districts were asked to prepare export policy: After the completion of the work of identification of ODOP by the Ministry of Commerce, all the districts have been asked to prepare export policy.
According to NITI Aayog, 73 percent of the districts have prepared export policies. Apart from creating back-end facilities like cold storage, and godowns for export-related infrastructure, states are also bringing export policy.