AI Voice Scam: Scammers talk in a familiar voice, looting lakhs of rupees, know all the details here
AI Voice Scam: We constantly keep hearing news of online fraud and scams, due to which it has become necessary for us to stay safe. A new scam has emerged in which scammers try to cheat you by changing your voice with the help of AI and demanding money from you. Recently, such an incident has come to light in which a woman lost lakhs of rupees due to this scam.
AI has earned a lot of fame in the last few months, but along with it, the dangers associated with it are also continuously increasing. In such a situation, every day you hear about a new scam. Recently, another incident has come to light, in which a 59-year-old woman was cheated and looted about Rs 1.5 lakh through AI voice.
Nowadays, scammers call you in which they claim to be someone you know or a family member and demand money from you. Since these voices are AI-generated, you are not able to recognize them. Let us know about it.
What is an AI Voice Scam:
- With the advent of AI, you must have heard about many types of fraud, which also include deepfakes. There is also a name of AI voice scam in this list.
- In this, scammers use AI to generate audio of any human voice, due to which people can be easily tricked.
- These voices seem so real that you are unable to recognize them and become a victim of a scam.
- Scammers use this technique to trick people into giving their personal information and sending money.
How to stay safe:
- When receiving a call, share your information only after completing the identification of the other person.
- If someone calls you and asks for money or personal information, they may be scammers.
- If you have any doubt about any number or call, immediately disconnect the call and check with the company.
- If someone calls you pretending to be a family member, first check the number to make sure that the call has actually come from that person.