Two students of Divyang school died of food poisoning

Two students of Divyang school died of food poisoning: Health deteriorated after eating khichdi at Government Residential School in Nashik, 6 in hospital

Aug 24, 2022 - 22:24
Two students of Divyang school died of food poisoning

Two differently-abled children died of food poisoning in Nashik on Wednesday. The case is of Matimand Government Residential School located in Igatpuri city. 6 other students are also ill after consuming food poisoning, out of which the condition of two is critical. Both are being treated at the district hospital in Nashik.
At the same time, 4 students are admitted to the rural hospital of Igatpuri. Officials said that samples of khichdi given to the students have been taken. Further action will be taken after its investigation.
Nashik SP said that eight students suddenly started vomiting after eating khichdi at Matimand Government Residential School on Tuesday night. After this, he was admitted to the rural hospital in Igatpuri. Two children died during treatment. After their condition deteriorated, they have been referred to Nashik District Hospital. 120 students live in this school.
When the students were brought to the hospital after the incident, the medical officers Dr. Pradeep Ingole and Dr. Swarupa Deore were missing from duty. The local people expressed their displeasure over this. Dr. MB Deshmukh of Igatpuri Rural Hospital treated these children.
The two who have died are Harshal Bhoir (23) and Mohammad Sheikh (11), residents of Bhiwandi in Thane. Apart from these, Nilesh Buva (17) and Devendra Kurunge (15) are being treated at Nashik District Hospital.

Muskan Kumawat Journalist & Writer