Government blocked more than 100 websites, used for wrong investment and job fraud, know details here
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) has banned more than 100 websites. Let us tell you that this website is used for illegal investment and fraud jobs. These websites were identified by the I4C branch of the Union Home Ministry. MeitY has closed these websites under the Information Technology Act 2000. Let us know about it.
The Government of India is always ready for the safety of its citizens, due to which the security agencies of the government keep taking some important steps from time to time. As we know cyber crime is a significant problem which affects many people.
To prevent such influence, MeitY has blocked more than 100 websites. Let us tell you that more than 100 websites committing fraud related to illegal investment and work-based part-time jobs were blocked following a recommendation by the Union Home Ministry.
These websites operate from foreign countries:
- The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center (I4C) wing of the Union Home Ministry detected more than 100 websites last week through its vertical National Cyber Crime Threat Analytics Unit (NCTAU).
- This website is involved in investment and work-based part-time job fraud. It has also been revealed in the new report that all these websites are being operated from foreign countries.
- All these websites were using digital advertising, chat messengers and rented accounts.
- All these websites have been blocked by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under the Information Technology Act, of 2000.
What do these websites do:
- The report also revealed that large-scale financial fraud proceeds were funnelled out of India using card networks, cryptocurrencies, foreign ATM withdrawals and international fintech companies.
- As we know at the beginning of 2023, MeitY had ordered to block 232 apps that work like betting, gambling and unofficial loan sites.
- This list includes fintech firms Lazypay, Indiabulls Home Loan and Kisht.